Langer wanted me to continue as captain but I felt resigning was the right thing to do: Paine

SHARE:

Tim Paine Sunday said Australian coach Justin Langer wanted him to remain as Test skipper, as he spoke of his “distress” and “embarrassment...

Tim Paine Sunday said Australian coach Justin Langer wanted him to remain as Test skipper, as he spoke of his “distress” and “embarrassment” over a sexting scandal that cost him his job.

The 36-year-old abruptly quit on Friday ahead of the Ashes series against England over a series of lewd text messages with a female colleague in 2017 that he had learnt were about to be made public.

Paine insisted it was his decision to resign and he wasn’t pushed.

“It was mine and mine alone,” he told the Melbourne Herald Sun in an interview.

“It was hard, but I know it’s the right thing to do. I feel completely gutted, but it’s all my doing, and I know resigning is the right call.”

Paine said plenty of people wanted me to stay on, including Langer.

“JL (Justin Langer) told me he’s devastated,” he said.

“He was pretty firm that he wanted me to continue as captain, and again, once I explained to him the reasons that I thought resigning was the best thing to do, he was with me all the way.

“I’ve got messages from all my teammates saying they’ve got my back, and that we all make mistakes, and we move on,” he added, insisting none of them had prior knowledge of the...

Read more



Name

NEWS,15623,
ltr
item
india today news 4 u: Langer wanted me to continue as captain but I felt resigning was the right thing to do: Paine
Langer wanted me to continue as captain but I felt resigning was the right thing to do: Paine
https://s01.sgp1.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/article/152093-kvntbuhvsr-1608125503.jpg
india today news 4 u
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/2021/11/langer-wanted-me-to-continue-as-captain.html
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/2021/11/langer-wanted-me-to-continue-as-captain.html
true
3880704039001943330
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS PREMIUM CONTENT IS LOCKED STEP 1: Share to a social network STEP 2: Click the link on your social network Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy