For Indian footballer Bala Devi, just being able to play for Rangers FC in the Scottish Women’s Premier League was a historic feat. But th...

For Indian footballer Bala Devi, just being able to play for Rangers FC in the Scottish Women’s Premier League was a historic feat.
But the prolific Indian forward hasn’t just got there to make up the numbers and has been positively impacting Rangers’ season. Last Sunday, Bala came off the bench to score a stunning long-range goal in a 5-0 victory over Spartans.
#IndianFootball
— The Field (@thefield_in) May 17, 2021
A stunning long-range goal from Bala Devi for @RangersWFC. What a hit 🔥🔥🔥pic.twitter.com/rxAhkNhphx
The goal caught the eye far beyond the Indian crowds as the Manipuri player was able to showcase what she has in her locker in a foreign league.
Bala’s appearances have largely been from the bench at Rangers but they have come in regular supply. Used both as a forward and midfielder, the coach has been impressed with her versatility.
“The coach has told me that recently I’ve improved a lot. They’ve also said that my 1v1 play is good, and my ball control is also decent,” Bala told reports in an online interaction.
“Sometimes I play as a striker, and at times I play as a No 10. It’s great for me, it gives me opportunities. It has helped me develop a lot, and when I play...