Garbine Muguruza and Aryna Sabalenka will square off for a second consecutive week as they both claimed statement victories to move into th...

Garbine Muguruza and Aryna Sabalenka will square off for a second consecutive week as they both claimed statement victories to move into the Dubai quarter-finals on Wednesday.
The ninth-seeded Muguruza handed French Open champion Iga Swiatek a tough lesson as she cruised past the Polish teenager 6-0, 6-4 in just over an hour.
Sabalenka, the third seed, used her power game to the fullest extent to eliminate Estonian Anett Kontaveit 6-3, 6-2 and set up a revenge bout with Muguruza, who ousted her from the Doha second round last week.
“It’s always great battles playing against her (Muguruza). This time I will be focused from the beginning of the match and I’ll put pressure on her,” said Sabalenka, who is the last remaining top-eight seed in the draw.
“I’ll just try to work for every point and do my best and make sure I can get this win back.”
Muguruza, who owns a tour-leading 15 match-wins this season, is feeling confident ahead of her rematch with Sabalenka.
“Back-to-back matches is good. That means I’m playing the top players, that means I’m getting into the deep rounds. I’m looking forward for another battle,” said the two-time major champion.
Earlier in the day, Jessica Pegula handed Karolina Pliskova a second hefty defeat in as many weeks...