Bharatiya Janata Party leader Kapil Mishra on Monday said that he had no regrets about the speech he made before large-scale communal viole...

Bharatiya Janata Party leader Kapil Mishra on Monday said that he had no regrets about the speech he made before large-scale communal violence broke out in Delhi last year, and would “redo” it if needed, PTI reported.
“I will do what I did again,” Mishra said during the launch of the book Delhi Riots 2020: The Untold Story. “I don’t have any regrets, except that I couldn’t save the lives of Dinesh Khatik, Ankit Sharma [an Intelligence Bureau staffer] and many others.”
He added: “Whenever roads will be blocked, and people would be prevented from going to work, or children to school, there will always be a Kapil Mishra to stop that.”
Clashes had broken out between supporters of the Citizenship Amendment Act and those opposing it between February 23 and 26, 2020, in North East Delhi, killing 53 people and injuring hundreds. The police were accused of either inaction or complicity in some instances of violence, mostly in Muslim neighbourhoods. The violence was the worst Delhi saw since the anti-Sikh riots of 1984.
On February 23, 2020, Mishra amassed a crowd and gave an ultimatum to the police to clear the roads of anti-Citizenship Amendment Act protestors holding a sit-in protest at Jafrabad in Delhi. In the presence of a senior...