Book excerpt: Vidhu Vinod Chopra always wanted Nana Patekar in ‘Parinda’, but not as Anna

SHARE:

AJ: I want us to talk about your personal life a bit later, but for the moment can we talk about Parinda, the film that set you apart as a ...

AJ: I want us to talk about your personal life a bit later, but for the moment can we talk about Parinda, the film that set you apart as a filmmaker in India? Parinda has themes of brotherhood, betrayal, lost values and valour. You cast the top stars of the time, including Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff, Madhuri Dixit and Nana Patekar. How did you go about developing the screenplay?
VVC: The first lines I wrote were the most commercial and cliched lines I could think of. Two young brothers come to Bombay. The younger brother is crying because he’s hungry and the elder brother tells him: ‘Don’t cry. I’m your brother. I’ll protect you.’ When I was writing the script, I reminded myself about what François Truffaut once said. These are not his exact words, I’m paraphrasing but he said something like: ‘I build the edifice of my film using the pillars of commercial cinema and then one by one, I knock the pillars down. And if the edifice still holds, I know I have a script.’ So bearing his words in mind I took a smuggler, two brothers, a murdered friend and used all the elements of a popular Hindi movie...

Read more



Name

NEWS,15616,
ltr
item
india today news 4 u: Book excerpt: Vidhu Vinod Chopra always wanted Nana Patekar in ‘Parinda’, but not as Anna
Book excerpt: Vidhu Vinod Chopra always wanted Nana Patekar in ‘Parinda’, but not as Anna
https://s01.sgp1.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/article/154002-ojwnwqzrnv-1611819339.jpeg
india today news 4 u
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/2021/01/book-excerpt-vidhu-vinod-chopra-always.html
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/2021/01/book-excerpt-vidhu-vinod-chopra-always.html
true
3880704039001943330
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS PREMIUM CONTENT IS LOCKED STEP 1: Share to a social network STEP 2: Click the link on your social network Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy