This memoir traces the journey of the writer from being a victim of childhood abuse to forgiveness

SHARE:

Nobody had remembered to tell me that there was going to be a wedding – let alone my own father’s wedding. But then, what else can be expe...

Nobody had remembered to tell me that there was going to be a wedding – let alone my own father’s wedding.

But then, what else can be expected from grown-ups? They are always so anxious, so afraid, and so insecure. But of course, I knew. I knew in the way children always know everything. Of course, I lapped up the bribe, but there had been No Knead. I had just saved Kaalu’s life and I couldn’t have been happier or cared less.

The woman who had fit the job description of a new bride for Pup-Pa – of playing with me – turned out to be the exact polar opposite of what the books had taught me about wicked stepmothers.

Far from being evil, she was elegant, beautiful and sweet. She had a silent, royal grace that I had not seen in anybody except for Thamma, who was actually blue-blooded and hailed from a zamindar family in present-day Bangladesh.

Even to my child’s eye, she appeared much, much younger than Pup-Pa. She seemed calm, secure, not needing to prove herself, not needing to call me nicknames to establish familiar affection. Instead, she offered me a red and yellow packet of chips that I had never seen...

Read more



Name

News,935,NEWS,16387,
ltr
item
india today news 4 u: This memoir traces the journey of the writer from being a victim of childhood abuse to forgiveness
This memoir traces the journey of the writer from being a victim of childhood abuse to forgiveness
https://s01.sgp1.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/article/151775-uvmewuhhay-1607523309.jpeg
india today news 4 u
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/2020/12/this-memoir-traces-journey-of-writer.html
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/2020/12/this-memoir-traces-journey-of-writer.html
true
3880704039001943330
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS PREMIUM CONTENT IS LOCKED STEP 1: Share to a social network STEP 2: Click the link on your social network Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy