How Anil Kapoor stayed jhakaas for four decades: ‘I take my work seriously, not myself’

SHARE:

Caution: spoilers ahead. “I have always been a serious actor, but I never tried to project that I am an intellectual actor – I just had fu...

Caution: spoilers ahead.

“I have always been a serious actor, but I never tried to project that I am an intellectual actor – I just had fun and enjoyed myself,” said Anil Kapoor, who turned 64 on December 24, the same day his new film AK vs AK was released on Netflix.

Kapoor was supposed to work in Kashyap’s movie Allwyn Kalicharan in the early 2000s – one of the flash points for the staged confrontation in AK vs AK. Kashyap’s character kidnaps Anil Kapoor’s daughter Sonam Kapoor Ahuja and tells the actor to locate her within ten hours. Kapoor’s search is filmed by Kashyap’s assistant Yogita (Yogita Bihani).

Motwane had previously directed Anil Kapoor’s son, Harshvardhan Kapoor, in the ambitious but unsuccessful Bhavesh Joshi: Superhero. Harshvardhan Kapoor cheerfully appears in Motwane’s film in a hilarious sequence, as do Anil Kapoor’s brother, the producer Boney Kapoor, and Sonam Kapoor Ahuja. Kashyap’s buddy Nawazuddin Siddiqui has a voice cameo.

Behind the film’s wacky pleasures of seeing two public figures tear into each another is a commentary on the Hindi film industry, the relationship between celebrities and fans, and the thin line between fiction and documenatry. Kapoor spoke to Scroll.in about his experience with AK vs AK, and how the movie fits into his vision of being a “serious actor”.

How did ‘AK vs AK’...

Read more



Name

NEWS,15614,
ltr
item
india today news 4 u: How Anil Kapoor stayed jhakaas for four decades: ‘I take my work seriously, not myself’
How Anil Kapoor stayed jhakaas for four decades: ‘I take my work seriously, not myself’
https://s01.sgp1.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/article/152464-yafinqnkoc-1608875896.jpeg
india today news 4 u
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/2020/12/how-anil-kapoor-stayed-jhakaas-for-four.html
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/
https://indiatodaynews4u.blogspot.com/2020/12/how-anil-kapoor-stayed-jhakaas-for-four.html
true
3880704039001943330
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS PREMIUM CONTENT IS LOCKED STEP 1: Share to a social network STEP 2: Click the link on your social network Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy