Olympian Anju Bobby George, one of India’s most illustrious track and field athlete, on Monday said she achieved all her sporting success w...

Olympian Anju Bobby George, one of India’s most illustrious track and field athlete, on Monday said she achieved all her sporting success with a single functional kidney.
She had scripted her historic first for India with a bronze medal in the 2003 World Athletics Championship in Paris. But she was not fully fit when she competed there.
In a tweet, the gold medallist in the IAAF World Athletics Finals (Monaco, 2005), said she had many limitations, including being allergic to even a painkiller, but still made it.
Believe it or not, I'm one of the fortunate, among very few who reached the world top with a single KIDNEY, allergic with even a painkiller, with a dead takeoff leg.. Many limitations. still made it. Can we call, magic of a coach or his talent @KirenRijiju @afiindia @Media_SAI pic.twitter.com/2kbXoH61BX
— Anju Bobby George (@anjubobbygeorg1) December 7, 2020
Anju said she chose the pandemic season to make this revelation to motivate all the sportspersons in the current generation, who are missing their practice and competitions due to coronavirus.
“The general perception of the people is that I have a perfect body. But the fact is that I achieved all the success in my field by overcoming all difficulties. I hope that sharing of my...